Release Notes for Nanonis SPM V5 Software
- New advanced features in the Lock-In module (option to generate an output signal in sync with a frequency generator and option to use the demodulators as configurable filters for any signal)
- Added Offset for Input channel in Temperature modules
- Fix for progress bar in Bias Spectroscopy
- Fix for Outputs channels of SC5 #2/#3 or SO5
- Fix for high RT CPU load in certain systems which might create connection issues (especially important for users of older RC5 with NI PXIe-8115 Real-Time Controllers, where the CPU of the RT system could easily overload)
- Some minor changes
- Z-Controller SafeTip Auto-Recovery now also works when the Z-Controller is switched off.
- Bugfix for PLL #2
- Programming Interface: Added function to return the Z-Controller status (more details than just on/off)
- Various minor changes and fixes
- Performance improvements Real-time system (especially important for users of older RC5 with NI PXIe-8115 Real-Time Controllers, where the CPU of the RT system could easily overload)
- Performance improvements for some TCP Programming Interface functions
- TCP Programming Interface changed to allow multiple connections, each of them executing the commands serially. To execute commands in parallel, use multiple connections.
- Callback VI section in Multipass available to all users
- Added ports C&D to the DIO Trigger experiment
- Support for new Programming Interface functions (e.g. stop PLL sweepers and Tip Shaper)
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Scan Control: 3 new DIO trigger options for frame start, frame end, scan direction
- Better support for systems with unipolar piezo outputs
- Lock-in: can now demodulate all FPGA signals. Possible application: tandem demodulation (demodulate the output of another demodulator)
- Lock-in demodulators can be used as generic low-pass filters by setting harmonic to 0
- Various new functions in the Programming Interface / TCP Interface
- Many other fixes and improvements
- Switchable Scanner: optional module to switch the scan control between 2 scanners (one can be scanned, the other is kept at the current position)
- Support for DIO Ports C & D added
- New Attocube Motor Control for ANC350 v4
- New motor module with 1 TTL line fully configurable
- Cloud mode was improved to allow more points and massive better performance for point manipulation
- Piezo Calibration: new voltage limits per calibration profile
- Oscillation Control: option to limit Exc >= 0 (no active damping)
- Piezo Calibration: support for asymmetric voltage limits
- Bias DC available as signal for Kelvin measurements
- Full support for up to 3 SC5 and 2 SO5 (maximum of 4 devices total), i.e. the additional devices are supported in hrDAC (only SC5), Lock-in, Function Generator, High-Resolution Oscilloscope.
- Output/Input modules (for devices above SC5 #1): added custom views, which lets the user define groups of up to 8 outputs/inputs to be visible in addition to the standard view of channels per device.
- Oscillation Control: flexible modulator configuration, allowing modes like Q-Control or dual excitation (using a single OC4).
- Bugfix: On systems with comma (,) as decimal separator, the ZoomFFT module would incorrectly interpret the cutoff frequency and thus not work correctly for some cutoff frequency settings.
- Many other fixes and improvements
- Performance optimizations in the software. When operating the software for a long time software operation could become sluggish. This update should improve the performance.
- Bias Spectroscopy: added option to use an alternate Z-Controller setpoint before starting the spectroscopy measurement and added option to switch the lock-in on/off per segment in multi-line segment measurements. Also added an initial delay per segment to let the lock-in signals settle.
- Z Spectroscopy: added 2nd condition to the Auto-Retract functionality
- Script module: added new commands (if, break)
- Scripts can now be called from the Scan module in pattern or subgrid modes. Several fixes in the Script module, e.g. related to LUT.
- Fixed bug in Z-Spectroscopy which added one RT cycle per point with a specific timing configuration
- Fixed bug in Scan Multipass where list of channels available for recording was wrong
- For users of R7232 we strongly recommend this update due to a hrDAC issue for AO1 in R7232 which could lead to glitches at the output, and due to a bug using the Lock-In in Bias Specroscopy
- Support for up to 3 SC5's, providing up to additional 16 output and 16 input channels
- Script module: improved user interface with easier access to commands and drag&drop capability
- AtomTracking controller: Added speed limit for tip movement
- Fixes a bug that could lead to a "Memory is full" error when using Bias Spectroscopy
- Fixes a bug in the Lock-in low-pass filter configuration
- Several other fixes and improvements
- Lock-In: second module with one additional modulator and two more demodulators
- Programming Interface functions for full Lock-in functionality added (including filter settings and other parameters)
- Data Logger: new module to continuously save data to disk at RT speed
- Script module: new features like the option to wait for a digital line or edge, and to set voltages based on a lookup table
- History graph: new auto-saving routine
- Support for new generation of RC5 controller (NI PXIe-8840 RT)
- Note: after installing the RT-Upgrade required for this version, no previous versions can be installed
- Various fixes and minor improvements
- Lock-In: all new Lock-in module with configurable filters (high-pass, low-pass, sync) and delay compensation
- Scripting Tool: new module allowing the execution of user-defined scripts directly on the Real-time engine
- Programming Interface: some new functions added
- Various minor improvements
- Frequency Sweep: new amplitude and phase fit options for resonance frequency and Q-factor determination
- Generic PI Controller can now be assigned to any User Output
- Programming Interface: added access to advanced options in Bias- and Z-Spectroscopy functions
- Non-working mouse behavior on the Scan Control image on some systems fixed
- Move button failure in Motor Controls PMD, Omicron and Newport fixed
- Various other fixes and minor improvements
- Scan Control: new Histogram
- Maintenance release, fixes various issues in the initial V5 release
2015-02-15 (R5411, first release of software V5)
Changes in V5 compared to V4.5:
- All new user interface
- New concept of Oscillation Control Module for multiple frequencies
- Various changes and new features throughout the whole software
Your web browser is deprecated
This could effect the presentation and some functions of our website.