Add custom arbitrary waveforms to any output signal with the function generator FG 5 QT
Upload any custom waveform, and generate periodic patterns with a frequency between 500 mHz and 15 kHz by using the high precision and low-noise 20-bit outputs.
The output signals of the function generator module are added to the DC value of the selected outputs of the TSC or TSO. Two synchronous waveforms can be generated on two different outputs.
The Nanonis function generator module is based on a phase-register approach (in contrast to an arbitrary waveform generator) meaning that the output waveform control parameters are frequency and amplitude scaling (vs. time and amplitude). But while many function generators are limited to standard waveforms, with this module the user can upload any custom waveform look-up table directly to the FPGA.
- Arbitrary, user defined waveforms based on custom look-up tables
- Suitable e.g. for pulsed-gate measurements, pattern-based measurements
- Waveform duration from 2 s (0.5 Hz) to 67 us (15 kHz)
- 2 synchronized waveforms on different outputs
- 20-bit waveform resolution, 16-bit amplitude and frequency scaling
- 1 MS/s sampling rate
- 500 kHz analog bandwidth on fast output, 40 kHz analog bandwidth on normal outputs
67 µs to 2 s
0.5 Hz to 15 kHz
|Number of Waveforms
20-bit (16-bit amplitude and frequency scaling)
40 kHz (-3 dB) on normal outputs, 500 kHz on fast output
linear, quadratic, triangle, square, sine, custom over LUT. Bipolar and unipolar