Senior FPGA Software Developer (80-100%) (m/f/d)
- Zurich, Switzerland
- With immediate effect
SPECS Zurich GmbH, a subsidiary of SPECS Surface Nano Analysis GmbH, is the market leader in high-end control systems for Scanning Probe Microscopes (SPM). We also provide cutting edge digital measurement solutions for surface science and electrical quantum transport. Our customers are researchers in academia and industry worldwide.
As a dynamic and ambitious company, SPECS Zurich is looking for committed and talented individuals to strengthen our highly motivated R&D team based in Zurich, Switzerland.
We are currently looking for an experienced FPGA Engineer / FPGA Architecture and Firmware Developer (80-100%) (m/f/d), who is passionate about technological challenges and enjoys working in a science- and technology-driven environment.
- Develop FPGA-based signal processing schemes and architectures for leading-edge measurement instrumentation
- Develop firmware solutions for FPGA-based system-on-chip solutions
- Implement new measurement methods in our product range
- Interact with existing customers to assess their needs and propose solutions to implement into our existing products
- Support our customers with technical expertise
- Degree in engineering or physics
- Good knowledge of VHDL and/or LabVIEW FPGA from design to deployment
- Good knowledge of LabVIEW
- Knowledge of FPGA-based digital signal processing
- Knowledge of high-speed serial interfaces
- Laboratory/Experimental experience, if possible in the areas of scanning probe microscopy, quantum transport, surface analysis, semiconductors, sensors, and/or electrochemistry.
- Efficient, goal-oriented, self-motivated and structured working in a team
- Proficient in English
Additonally, the following criteria are a plus:
- Python programming experience
- LabVIEW Real-Time programming experience
- Experience in digital and analog circuit design in particular high-precision, small signal- and/or RF- electronics
- Experience with circuit testing procedures
- Proficient in additional languages
- A full-time job in a young and motivated team (part-time down to 80% possible)
- Working on the development of leading edge technology closely linked to fascinating scientific challenges
- A working place in the heart of Zurich’s fastest growing district
SPECS Zurich GmbH
For more information: Tel.: +41 44 445 18 25
Are you convinced that you will meet these challenging tasks? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please send us your application documents (PDF-document) and your earliest availability date by e-mail.