Field Service Engineer (m/f/d), USA
- Mansfield, MA, USA
- With immediate effect
SPECS‐TII Inc. is the joint‐venture between SPECS Surface Nano Analysis GmbH and Tokyo Instruments, Inc., two global market‐leading suppliers of UHV surface analysis instrumentation. SPECS‐TII Inc. is the sole distributor of SPECS equipment and UNISOKU SPM products in the USA and Canada, offering state‐of‐the‐art technology in low temperature UHV scanning probe microscopes and cutting‐edge systems and components for surface analysis.
- Support USA and Canadian customers on technical questions and troubleshooting.
- Provide on‐site service, maintenance, and repair of customer equipment.
- Perform installations of complex surface analysis instrumentation and train customers on equipment.
- Must be able to move and lift scientific equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and be able to frequently position self to attach or modify equipment (including under desks and system frames or by ascending/descending ladders) during installations and service visits.
- Frequent travel is required, primarily to USA, Canada, and Germany. Travel to other regions (e.g. Japan, Latin America) may occasionally be necessary.
- Attendance at tradeshows as needed.
- Degree in a science or engineering field (e.g. physics, engineering, materials science, chemistry).
- Strong ability to problem‐solve and troubleshoot highly technical surface analysis equipment.
- Hands‐on experience with ultra‐high vacuum (UHV) systems.
- Experience in the fields of ARPES, XPS, and/or LT‐SPM.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues effectively and professionally, including both written and verbal skills.
- Ability to understand and work with schematics and to use MS Windows and Office.
- Ability to work flexibly within a small company environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- USA citizenship required and must pass background check, to enable timely access into restricted customer facilities.
- Valid driver’s license and passport are required.
- Ph.D in a science or engineering field (e.g. physics, engineering, materials science, chemistry).
- Direct experience with SPECS and/or UNISOKU equipment.
SPECS‐TII Inc. offers an attractive compensation package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with matching, generous paid‐time off (PTO) policies, life insurance coverage, and a possibility of remote work depending on experience and qualifications. This position provides an opportunity for versatile and challenging activities in an international business setting, along with the advantages of a small company environment. SPECS‐TII Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to JobApplication-Service@specs-tii.com
Are you convinced that you will meet these challenging tasks? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please send us your application documents (PDF-document), your salary expectations, and your earliest availability date by e-mail.