Field Service Engineer (m/f/d), Germany
- With immediate effect
Our Business Unit Customer Services at our headquarters in Berlin is looking with immediate availability for:
Field Service Engineer (m/f/d) in the field of surface analysis
- Support customers worldwide on technical questions and troubleshooting.
- Perform installations of complex surface analysis instruments and systems, and train customers on proper equipment use.
- Provide on-site service, maintenance, and repair of customer equipment.
- Frequent travel is required, primarily in Europe, Asia and North- and South America.
- Occasional attendance at tradeshows as needed.
- Support and advise for sales partners on technical questions.
- Participation in further product development by returning customer/personal feedback and new research to SPECS.
- Degree in a science or engineering field (e.g. physics, engineering, materials science, chemistry).
- Strong ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot highly technical surface analysis equipment.
- Hands-on experience with ultra-high vacuum (UHV) systems.
- Experience in the fields of ARPES, XPS, and/or SPM.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both customers and colleagues, including written, verbal, and in-person.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly.
- Desire to travel both domestically and internationally.
- A valid driver’s license and passport are required to perform the job duties.
- Team player, self-organized and goal-oriented.
- Excellent English spoken and written and an intercultural interest complete your profile.
- Ph.D in a science or engineering field (e.g. physics, engineering, materials science, chemistry).
- Direct experience with SPECS equipment.
- We provide versatile and challenging activities with a knowledgeable team in an international business environment, located in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer attractive working conditions, flexi-time, good social benefits, and individual personal development.
Are you convinced that you will meet these challenging tasks? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please send us your application documents (PDF-document), your salary expectations, and your earliest availability date by e-mail.