TSO add-on for Nanonis Tramea
Complex nanodevices require a large number of gate voltages, and this number is usually much larger than the number of signals to be digitized. While the 8 input channels of the Nanonis Tramea™ base configuration offer sufficient digitizing channels for most applications, 8 output channels might not cover all the requirements for sample driving voltages. One TSO instantaneously adds 16 high precision and low-noise 20-bit outputs to the Nanonis Tramea™ base configuration. For even more complex experiments, a maximum of 2 TSOs can be connected to the Nanonis Tramea™ base configuration, transforming the instrument into a 50 outputs and 8 inputs system. Never before has that number of signals been generated or acquired with similar performance.
The TSO analog outputs have identical specifications to the analog outputs of the TSC (with the exception of the 22-bit hrdAC™ mode) meaning no compromise on signal quality. And while increasing the number of channels with conventional systems means adapting the measurement software and potentially changing the workflow, with Nanonis Tramea™ none of this is necessary. The additional TSO signals are seamlessly integrated into the Nanonis Tramea™ software allowing immediate productivity. All TSO channels can be accessed by the lock-in and function generator modules.
TSO add-ons can be combined with TSC add-ons, leading to maxed-out configurations with 40 outputs and 24 inputs or 48 outputs and 16 inputs.
- 16 additional high precision and low noise 20-bit analog outputs
- Ultra-low drift and drift between channels owing to a central temperature-stabilized voltage reference
- Up to a total of 40 output channels with 2 TSO add-ons and 48 output channels with 2 TSO and 1 TSC add-on
- Seamless integration of additional channels in the software
- Lock-in modules and function generator can drive any of the 16 outputs to add a modulation or custom waveforms with frequencies up to 40 kHz