Function Generator FG 5
More than just piezo motor waveforms
Originally designed for driving piezo motors in combination with our HVA4 (fast) and PD5 piezo drivers or external amplifiers, the function generator is capable of much more than just generating sawtooth or parabolic waveforms. Just upload any custom waveform, and generate periodic patterns with a frequency between 500 mHz and 15 kHz by using the high precision and low-noise 20-bit outputs.
The single-channel version of the model is licensed for all HVA4 (fast) and PD5 users and only drives the fast output of the SC5. The dual-channel version is available as an add-on and drives all outputs.
- Arbitrary, user defined waveforms based on custom look-up tables
- Suitable e.g. for pulsed-gate measurements, pattern-based measurements, piezo-motor driving
- Waveform duration from 2 s (0.5 Hz) to 67 us (15 kHz)
- 20-bit waveform resolution, 16-bit amplitude and frequency scaling
- 2 synchronized waveforms on different outputs with 2-channel version
- 500 kHz analog bandwidth on fast output, 40 kHz analog bandwidth on normal outputs